Budget.

I managed to source a large amount of costume from the LPAC costume cupboard which was a great help in regards to the budget as I did not have a large amount of money (£50 only). The costumes I could not successfully get from the costume cupboard was mostly the Countess and the Snow Child along with small accessories such as masks and the feather duster. The whole outfit had to be bought for the Snow Child and Countess apart from the wedding dress. This was unfortunate, as half my budget had to go on buying the Countess’ skirt as it had to be large and elegant so it would reflect the Count and his wealth. Since half my budget went on the Countess I had to be careful from then on with other costume which meant always hunting around for the best deal. I managed to find most of the costume for reasonable price but unfortunately I had to ask for more budget due to last minute purchases. Luckily, set and props had at least £13 left over each so I was able to borrow some budget off them to be able to buy final costume. The main reason for borrowing budget from other departments of the theatre company was because the original corset for the Countess that was sourced for free did not fit as well as imagined so it was important to find an answer to this problem as soon as possible so a shirt was purchased to make the Countess look more elegant.

Even though I went over budget by £2.67 I felt I achieved good costume for each individual and they fitted their character perfectly. I also realised how important sourcing costume for free was as a large amount I got for free whether it be from myself or other cast members.

Hannah Smith.